How Does the CSCMS Designation Work?
The Certified Supply Chain Management Specialist (CSCMS) designation program is a self-paced training and certification program on supply chain management management fundamentals, industry terms, and best practices. The CSCMS program is self-study and 100% online. That means you get to set your own pace and take as long as you need.
With a greater understanding of technology and free-to-access tools, participants will learn how to quickly improve supply chain functions to add value. Participants will also learn advanced tools to develop a strong supply chain both internally and externally; how to affect profitability for the better; and the operations of supply chain management and operations.
To earn the CSCMS designation:
- Register for the CSCMS program.
- Purchase the required text book shared in the study guide and syllabus (below), and on the required reading page.
- Go through the materials in the books, videos, and audio resources. With the study guide and mock exam, study for the examination.
- Complete the project, as laid out in the study guide and on the project overview page.
- Schedule an examination by sending in your completed project.
- Score an 80% or higher grade on the examination and project, and earn the CSCMS designation and certification.
To learn more about the CSCMS program, here are some helpful downloads:
Most people can complete the program in 3-6 months, but there is no deadline or expiration to your registration. Once you register, you have lifetime access to the online materials and can complete the course at your own speed. With an exam held every month, the CSCMS can be completed as quickly as you’d like.
Once you enroll, use our audio and video study materials, complete the project laid out in the study guide, and pass our timed online examination, you will earn the CSCMS certificate. Please find an example of the certificate you will receive upon completion to the right.
Sample Expert Audio Interview: Fred Sollish is a supply chain management instructor and co-author of Strategic Global Sourcing Best Practicing and the Procurement Managers Desk Reference. Fred is a globally recognized expert and authority in the supply chain management space and we are honored to be able to share our recorded phone call with him as part of this supply chain management training program. (Download in Audio MP3 Format)
Sample Video Module: When you join the CSCMS program, you gain access to 19 instructional videos on supply chain management. Here is an example video below:
Elements of the Supply Chain (Download this Video in MP4 Format)